eCentennial is a web-based software application that is used across the college to support students, faculty, and employees in their learning, teaching, and day-to-day activities.
Faculty can use this tool for any or all of the courses that they teach. The benefits of this tool allow faculty to provide a more comprehensive learning experience for their students. eCentennial enables students to easily access course documentation and class assignments, monitor grades, and actively participate in their learning with professors and other students.
eCentennial is accessible through myCentennial. Simply login to your myCentennial account with your student number and unique password. Once you are logged in, you will find a link to eCentennial located on the right-hand side of the screen. Click this link and you will be automatically logged in to your personal space in eCentennial.
Some of the key features that eCentennial offers are:
- Ability to download and print course outlines, schedules, handouts, and other materials uploaded by professors.
- Professors can post course announcements and news, such as course cancellation, time and location changes, and other reminders that will appear when you sign in.
- Providing up to date information about course grades; a student can closely monitor their progress through their courses at any time in a confidential and secure environment.
- Enhancing ways for students to communicate with each other and the course professor. There are many sophisticated tools within eCentennial that allow faculty to design effective ways of helping students interact on-line: On-line chat, threaded discussion, real time audio meetings, and video enhanced presentations are all possible.
- Presentcourse content to students in an organized, consistent fashion. Reading assignments, web site references, and other content is made easily accessible to all students.
- Providing a means for student to submit assignments in a secure way that tracks the time and date of each submission; a student can also receive feedback on their assignments through the eCentennial system.